Click here to donate

Brief History

Mount Carmel School was originally opened in 1900 at 2021 Clinton Ave. as a school for boys and girls which was the Lydon home. The school was run by the Sisters of Charity the Incarnate Word. In 1913 the cornerstone was laid where the school is currently located at 2006 North Houston. It schooled children from elementary to high school until 1958. That was also the last year that sisters resided at the school led by Sister Kary Edward, Superior, Sister M. Kiaran, Assistant, Sisters Henry, Aloysia (music teacher) John Bernard, and Gregoria. Treas.

All Saints Academy was dedicated at 2115 Belle Ave. in the Rosen Heights area on the north side of Fort Worth, on December 10, 1905. The ceremony was officiated by the Rev. M. A. Mckeough, Rev. R.M. Nolan of Gainsville, and Rev. J.P. Lynch of Dallas. The structure was a two and a half story brick structure measuring 54×50 feet at a cost of about $12,000.00. The school was run under the direction of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Mother Superior Adolf and 4 sisters. In 1957 All Saints Parish was merged with the San Jose Parish, the San Jose School closed as part of that merger. Mount Carmel Academy became All Saints Catholic School.More information will be posted as the anniversary arrives.